The AVsitter scripts have now been released to the community as an open-source project. For up-to-date instructions and the latest scripts and development news, please visit https://avsitter.github.io.
The AVsitter scripts (and plugins) have been released under the MPL 2.0 license.
The move to open-source allows users to continue development of AVsitter: to adapt it to their needs, use it in teaching/education, to keep pace with upcoming Second Life features, and to use it in Opensim.
Existing users of AVsitter can obtain the open-source AVsitter2 via our inworld update system. There is no need to update existing furniture, as any AVsitter scripts you may already have will continue to work as usual.
Getting help with using AVsitter
If you need advice with AVsitter, we suggest:
- Study the instructions including the tutorials on youtube.
- Search the AVsitter support Q&A website archive where many questions were answered.
- Join Unofficial AVsitter Support Group in Second Life, where community members may be able to help.
Continuation of services
For the forseeable future, we plan to maintain the following support services:
- The AVsitter2 and AVsitter1 instructions including the Q&A website archive and tutorials on youtube.
- The “AVsitter” experience key used for automatic attachments by the AVprop plugin.
- The inworld update system for all registered AVsitter users to obtain packaged versions of the scripts.
- The web-link to notecard settings given in chat after settings [DUMP].
Future of development
Follow the news page for information about future development.
If you have a Marketplace or purchase related enquiry please contact AVsitter Resident with a full description. Messages will be checked every 3-4 days, so please be patient awaiting a response.
Thanks to everyone
A huge thanks to everyone who helped shape AVsitter over 7 years of wonderful (and weird) creations <3 Please do check this page again for any updates to this announcement, in case we have forgotten anything.