The [AV]faces script allows creators to add facial expressions to AVsitter™ furniture.
Adding Facial Expressions
To add facial expressions to your furniture, start with the normal setup procedure, then:
- Ensure the [AV]helper and [AV]adjuster are in the prim.
- Drop the [AV]faces script into the prim.
- Sit on the furniture, then choose a pose from the menu that will trigger the facial expression.
- Choose [ADJUST] then [HELPER] from the menu, and the [AV]helper stick will rez.
- Choose [NEW] from the menu, then choose [FACE] and select an expression from the list.
- You should see the facial expression playing on your avatar.
- Repeat for each pose you want to give a facial expression.
- When you have finished adding all your facial expressions, click [DUMP] to output your settings into chat.
- Copy-paste the [DUMP] result into your AVpos notecard, replacing the contents of the notecard.
Facial expressions added via the [NEW] menu will simply repeat the expression every 1 second. You can edit the notecard to add facial expressions manually or change how they behave.
The format for the notecard is:
ANIM <trigger_name>|<expression>|<duration>|<expression>|<duration>|<expression>|<duration> ...
<trigger_name> must match the menu name of the pose that you want to trigger the facial expression sequence.
<expression>|<duration> is a facial expression followed by the number of seconds to play it.
For example in the following notecard line:
When the “Anim1” pose is selected from the menu the script will play the expression “express_smile” every 1 second.
When the “Happy” pose is selected from the menu the script will play the expression “express_laugh_emote”. Then after 5 seconds play “express_smile”, then “express_wink_emote”, then loop to the start after 2 seconds.
When the “Sleep” pose is selected, this alternates between “express_smile” and “express_disdain” every second. SL does not offer a facial expression for sleeping but combining these animations gives a close approximation.
Usually a sequence will loop, but if a dash ( - ) is entered instead of a duration then the sequence will stop after playing. e.g.
If you want to continually re-apply an expression every second, then begin it’s duration with a dash ( - ). e.g:
You can use ‘none’ for the name of an animation file if you need to create a pause. e.g.
The facial expressions available in SL include:
express_afraid_emote, express_anger_emote, express_laugh_emote, express_bored_emote, express_cry_emote, express_embarrassed_emote, express_sad_emote, express_toothsmile, express_smile, express_surprise_emote, express_worry_emote, express_repulsed_emote, express_shrug_emote, express_wink_emote, express_disdain, express_frown, express_kiss, express_open_mouth, express_tongue_out
In addition to SL facial expressions, you can also use any (non looped) animation that is in the furniture. e.g:
If you want to re-use an ANIM line that is already defined for the same sitter, then simply refer to that line instead of creating a new sequence. Requires version 2.1-12.05 or later. e.g.:
ANIM pose1|express_laugh_emote|5|express_smile|1 ... ANIM pose2|pose1